The computer you use may be IBM compatible (PC) or Macintosh (Mac) as long as it meets the minimum specifications listed below. In general, your computer should have enough memory (RAM), hard disk space, and processor speed to run a recent version of the Microsoft Office suite and current browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer). You CANNOT complete the CalStateTEACH program using a tablet or netbook computer only--you must have a desktop or laptop computer as well.
The CalStateTEACH program requires that you have a reliable broadband Internet connection. You must also install a virus protection program (PC users only). Several virus protection packages are available at no cost, including Avast! and AVG Free.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Candidates must have a computer system that allows them to:
- navigate the Internet with a modern browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- use a late version of the Microsoft Office suite
- perform simple video editing (with Microsoft MovieMaker, Apple iMovie)
- open PDF files
- run virus protection (PC only)
Other Technology Requirements
Candidates must also have the ability to:
- record video
- scan documents or artwork